This post has been put off for far too long. The holidays were a whirlwind and the days between Thanksgiving and Christmas flew by in a blur. Here we are, almost a month since our plane took off for Florida and I am just now sitting down to write this recap. Christmas at Disney was everything I hoped it would be (cliche as that may sound). This specific item on our bucket list was strictly my doing; Jon has already experienced the awesomeness of Disney World during the holidays, though I’m sure he would tell you this time around was just as magical. Our trip was a speedy four days of jamming in as many activities as possible. Rather than bore you with the details I’ll leave you with a quick highlight of some of our most memorable moments.
- Being chosen as an extra for the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular.
- Meeting the big man himself, Mickey Mouse.
- Seeing Cinderella’s castle covered in lights.
- The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights in Hollywood Studios. Easily the most impressive light show I’ve ever seen.
- Snow in Disney.
- Hearing Sigourney Weaver narrate the Candlelight Processional in Epcot.
- Fantasmic! Disney, water, fireworks and awesomeness all rolled into one.
- The Kilimanjaro Safari in Animal Kingdom.
- Missing out on both snow storms in Philadelphia (though this made coming home even more difficult).
I’ll let the pictures do the rest of the talking, but overall it was an awesome (and tiring) trip. I needed a vacation for my vacation, but it was totally worth it.